A reason to SMILE

Once in a while life gives you a fairy tale......

Source: Google Images
......As it gives you many reasons to smile.

I got one such reason today from Janu who blogs @ Memories of a homemaker when she presented me with this:

It feels so great and motivating to be thought of at such times! Thank you so much Janu, I am truly honoured. It not only makes me smile, but it inspires me to keep blogging!

Well she has asked some interesting questions to be answered here; 

Is feminism overrated?
No. It is simply misunderstood. The right to equality is often mis-interpreted as right to be the superior one whilst actually none of us women want to prove we are superior. We just want to be treated as equals.

There's a debate that bloggers are not writers - your take on this?
In the day-to-day’s dictionary writers are defined as someone who can write. Bloggers is a new community of writers who have just sprung up in this internet revolution. I disagree with this statement that bloggers are not writers. Anybody who can express his or her views in written form is a writer and this makes each one of us a writer. We could be writing only poems in our little diary but we are still a writer.

One thing you would like to change about yourself.
I wish I could stop being so emotional about everything that surrounds me.

Can online friends become 'real' friends offline?
The benefit of being online friends is you don’t have any pressure of being judged. You can be yourself. While in real friendship there is a lot of expectation from each other which perhaps bogs the thing down. I have more virtual friends than real and believe Me I am very happy about it. I talk more to my virtual friends and to quite an extent I can say they know Me more and better than my real friends.

One issue you are passionate about- equality in right to existence.


According to you what's the greatest revolution of this century? why?
For me it would be the day one of my close family friend’s daughter did the last rites for her father. I was glad to see the radical change in attitude of people towards the girl child. Though a small one, but this is surely a beginning and someday our entire country will be engulfed in this wave of change.

A book that has influenced you the mostAs of now the first name that comes to my mind is
11 minutes by Paulo Coelho.

The one cause you would really fight for.......Anything to do with children – Human trafficking, prostitution, CSA etc.

Beauty and brains......( complete this sentence)- Neighbours envy, owners pride ;)

 
A quality you hate in others. Artificial-ness. I detest people who pretend to be something which they are not.

Money vs happiness- It is never ending debate but I would any day choose happiness because I would rather be a happy pauper than be a sad billionaire. But I agree money is important for survival as it is said ; ‘Money cannot buy you happiness but crying in a BMW feels better than crying on a cycle!


For a change this time I thought of tagging a few fellow bloggers just to know more about them:

And the questions for them are:


  1. Define yourself in one word.
  2. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
  3. If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
  4. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
  5. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
  6. If you got a magic wand and could change only one thing, what would that be?
  7. If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
  8. What is your most prizest possession? Why?
  9. What is the one thing you feel is most mis-understood?
  10. One thing you would like to tell Me
Wishing you all some wonderful reasons to smile, always!


Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?